Combining three natural elements – earth, water, and fire – we can create a multitude of ceramic pieces, of different colours, of any shape, for any use.
In 1977 Giuseppe Bucco and Flavio Cavalli were looking for a ceramic material that could allow them to create their ambitious artistic projects.
They were fascinated by porcelain stoneware, which, at the time, was being experimented on for producing floor and wall tiles.
Years of research, attempts, tests, verifications, all lead to a unique and excellent result in the production of objects. For the first time ever, Lineasette brought porcelain stoneware into the creation of artworks.
This ceramic material has allowed Giuseppe Bucco and Flavio Cavalli to freely express themselves in designing and creating artistic objects, with pure and modern lines, and the guarantee of excellent workmanship thanks to important physical characteristics.
More than 40 years have passed and Lineasette continues to create works of art in porcelain stoneware, of exquisite design, in different sizes and with refined and elegant finishes.
What are the characteristics of porcelain stoneware?
It is a mixture of water and clays with kaolin and feldspars. Its main chemical-physical properties emerge thanks to the last stage of production, firing. Thanks to the high firing temperature (1200°C), the ceramic mixture is vitrified (a phenomenon in which the ceramic granules become welded together), giving the product excellent characteristics of resistance to abrasion, impermeability and longevity.
Lineasette’s porcelain stoneware is:
• Waterproof: each piece is non-absorbent.
• Resistant: the material is hard and firm, impossible to scratch.
• Long-lasting: the material does not lose its shape or age, nor does the glaze fade or crack over time.
• Permanent: weather conditions, natural or artificial light, and high or low temperatures do not alter the product.
• Safe and Washable: Odourless and anallergic, the product is made of high quality natural raw materials. It is washable with any chemical detergent.
• Suitable for food consumption: Our products comply with Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 “Food Contact Materials” and Regulation (EC) No 2023/2006